Enjoy some links....
- Don't Miss: The DPP factions are Dead?. How the factions continue to affect the DPP
- Don't Miss: Maddog with his first post in nearly 5 years (don't do that again!), on the language of media in discussing the 2-28 massacre
- Don't Miss: Tumin at New Bloom on Transitional Justice, the Student Movement, 2-28
- Don't Miss: Good-bye independence from Chieh-ting Yeh.
- Don't Miss: The Tiger that lost its roar: what's wrong with Taiwan's economy. It's quite conventional, I'll have more to say in the next few days on this piece.
- Excellent letter in the Taipei Times discussing the KMT's asset lies.
- Pursuit of the truth of the 2-28 Massacre will bring unity: Tsai
- Article on the Flier incident at NCCU in which the military officer tore down 2-28 fliers
- March 29, 1947, NYT article on the 2-28 massacre and subsequent killings
- Statues of dictator and mass murderer Chiang Kai-shek found defaced
- Stratfor piece on the 2-28 killings and their subsequent political effects
- Review of Green Island by Shawna Yang Ryan
- Foxconn to buy Sharp for $6B
- A Pail of Oysters, long-banned, is reviewed in the Taipei Times. Camphor Press is re-issuing it, and just sent me a copy for review. Jon Benda, longtime resident and lit prof, discusses it here.
- President Ma likes China's use of "Taiwan Constitution"
- National Interest: Japan the next big player in the Taiwan Strait?
- Why do we permit Chinese firms to acquire US technology firms?
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!