Slow one today... felled by sickness, not out riding my bike. Home working and reading. Enjoy a few links.
- Eric Chu unveils new campaign slogan: One Taiwan, Taiwan is power!
- IRRITANT POLICY: Under the Ma Administration the government has exploited the island issues as irritants to prevent smooth relations with the local allies Taiwan needs. Once again they are at it: ROC will not recognize the Hague Tribunal's decision on the South China Sea. Ma promised he wouldn't be a troublemaker. It's funny to think people actually thought he meant that. Hopefully the US will back Tsai for cooperation in the South China Sea.
- EU sparks possible overhaul of Taiwan tuna fishing. Not that it will matter.
- NCCU students petition the university, which as an institution is deeply Blue, to get rid of its overtly pro-KMT official song. The university is hemming and hawing. This is why people are sick of the KMT.
- Article on the restoration of the famous Japanese-era department store in Tainan
- Up and coming DPP Golden Boy and Tainan mayor William Lai reprimanded by Judicial Yuan for not attending city council meetings of the council which allegedly was bought by its KMT speaker. Was this case brought simply to tarnish Lai's reputation? You make the call...
- FOR COMEDY PURPOSES ONLY: Retired ROC General says war against Japan not over, because independence forces cultivated by Japan have to be defeated. LOL. It was KMT colonialism, along with Japanese colonialism, that created the Taiwanese identity in the modern era.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!