Too rainy to blog. Enjoy some links.
- Japan Times editorial says US should stay out of Taiwan election. Meanwhile the US hilariously announces that it does not take sides in Taiwan elections. Nope, it would never call up the Financial Times and anonymously hack on a presidential candidate in Taiwan, to elect a party that despises it and loves China.
- Alliance targeting KMT emerges. Again.
- MOEA wants to expand coal power in Taiwan. There's already a big natural gas plant in Datan that is working at low capacity. Could someone's cronies be getting fat contracts? Impossible! Everything is done according to the law...
- The DPP wants to give up ROC South China Sea claims. KMTs don't like that.
- Hugh White STILL wants Taiwan to sell out. Still living in La-la land.
- Another reading list from Sullivan, on media and political communications
- Hong Kong paper SCMP gets rid of four columnists for obvious political reasons.
- Taipei to allow dome work to continue after halting it the day before
- Setting up a business in Taiwan: the basics. From Winkler Partners.
- The beautiful girl working at the vendor who becomes a big internet hit is a staple of Taiwan popular culture. The latest is a butcher.
- Taiwan's evolving position in the SCS and why other claimants should take notice. Also Veep Biden's speech on the SCS the other day. Clearly pushback by US against China. Years too late, but nice to see.
- Letters from Taiwan on the Passive Voice President, Passive Voice redux, who is the State in Taiwan, and professors saying basically that young people are too dumb to vote.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!