Enjoy some links....
- Hung Tzu-yung, sister of the corporal whose punishment caused his untimely death, rips the military for its double standards.
- State Owned Enterprises very inefficient, covered by central bank
- Typhoon Maysak is sending us some rain.
- FSC is tightening rules for bond market to protect Taiwan banks
- China's defense spending increases exceed GDP growth again. It can only mean war. D'oh. Good to see more of this stuff.
- Repatriations of profits from China fall -- as one canny observer pointed out, even as Taiwanese firms are sinking more into China, locals are sending money out of China as fast as possible.
- Nikkei looks KMT chances in the upcoming elections
- Filipinos, Tsou share same ancestry.
- Musings on Tibet and Taiwan -- in Huffpost.
- Chu has KMT platform modified to highlight his goal of eliminating nuclear power and prevent KMT support for nukes from becoming a campaign issue.
- GDP gap with Korea increases. Note another fabulous Ma Ying-jeou success:
- Eric Chu visits the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial this week.
Taiwan's GDP per capita was higher than South Korea's until 2004. The difference was less than US$1,000 after the global financial crisis during 2008-09. Over the past five years, the gap has begun to increase again, reaching US$3,666 in 2013 and US$4,790 in 2014.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!