Up in Taipei writing papers all week (last one accepted without revision!). Now trying to ease back into blogging. Enjoy some links.
- Sex toy with Lin Fei-fan, sunflower leader, emblazoned on it.
- Overreliance on China will doom Taiwan
- Taiwan banks are heavily overexposed in China, and are cutting loans to reduce risks. I sense a taxpayer bailout in the works...
- Anti-corruption agency raids home of Jimmy Lai in Hong Kong. Another way in which Hong Kong is getting to be like Taiwan.
- The thin edge of the wedge: officials want tobacco tests in schools. The function of arbitrary searches is of course to get students used to being arbitrarily searched.
- Hilariously, Ma calls alleged spy MAC Vice-chief Chang a pest in cross strait relations, then says piously that we shouldn't say he is a spy without a trial. LOL. Remember when he openly stated now exonerated Speaker Wang Jin-pyng had engaged in influence peddling?
- Visiting Ronghua Dam.
- AmCham Connect, the American Chamber of Commerce collection of online writings.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!