I've begun work on a book on biking here with a couple of well known local expat riders. So expect blogging to take a hit. Exhausted today, enjoy some links....
- Foreign Policy notices the Hong Kong-Taiwan connection against China. A good review of the events. Don't miss comment from TECO in the comments section.
- Why the F-35 is ideal for Taiwan. It's nice to imagine, but the purpose of the discussion of F-22, F-35, etc, is to derail the whole idea of getting fighter aircraft, since the US will never sell F-35s to Taiwan. Now we can go through another few years of asking for F-35s and being refused. At the end of this "debate" we will have F-16s still, and the Chinese will be operating space warp attack vehicles with n-dimensional teleportation capability, and US "analysts" will be scolding Taiwan for not spending more money on defense.
- Sunflower leaders go to Washington and get everything wrong. Didn't anyone tell them that the US One China policy doesn't recognize Taiwan as part of China. Argh. Anyone who thinks the DPP is running the Sunflower movement doesn't understand the DPP, which was totally blindsided by the student movement.
- 30 Authentic Taiwan experiences
- Don't miss: The Forgotten Taiwanese soldiers -- what happened to the men who fought for several different countries in the 40s and 50s?
- Taiwan Marketplace, filmed in 1930. With sound! New Years Procession from the same year
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!