Still crazy busy, should be back online this weekend. Enjoy some links:
- J Michael Cole: the students at NCKU vote to name an area after pro-democracy and free speech advocate Deng Nan-jung, the university committee nixes and insists students pick from approved list. A must read showing why changing the universities here is so difficult, and also showing how students have changed and run ahead of their elders.
- SOAS' Dafydd Fell was in Taiwan recently. The Facebook page with his pics. And here's the events page for SOAS.
- Ten Things Taiwan does better than anywhere else: CNN
- Taiwan should liberalize its financial services industry. Because that has worked so well for the UK and the US. *sigh*
- Ralph Jennings notes China's charm offensive has failed.
- Unification via online shopping platform
- Good review of some issues with the Services Trade Agreement
- US lawmakers urging tougher response to China
- Hegemonic Warfare Watch: Vietnam commemorates battle with China over S China Sea claims
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!