Dr. Fell at SOAS Taiwan Studies says:
The paperback of Taiwanese Identity in the 21st Century has now been published by our Research on Taiwan book series. The book edited by Jens Damm and Gunter Schubert examines the issue of Taiwanese identity from a range of perspectives.LINKS:
For details see: http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415736916/
It is also available on Amazon (but 博客來 does not yet have paperback)
If your libraries do not yet have a copy, please do lobby your librarians and now we have the paperback it's even affordable for courses and students!
We are approaching a very active time for Taiwan studies events in early-mid February, including a book launch event in London for Taiwanese Identity in the 21st century, our annual Taiwan Studies lecture and Taiwan Film Week (Feb 10-14). For details see
Please do pass on the information to contacts in the EU.
You can also keep up with our activities via our facebook:
- Economic growth was 2% in 2013. Another rousing success for ECFA! Ma's average growth is below Chen's; the latter was riding the Golden Age of China investment.
- CNN: 45 Taiwanese foods we can't live without
- Taiwan fraudsters expand to Bangladesh
- Roiling the Waters -- argues China should be made to feel uncomfortable, or else it will continue its actions. With more comments here.
- Tokyo-Delhi Axis irritates Beijing.
- Government to government meeting, all public and official, between the ROC and PRC.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!