Saturday, November 16, 2013

Su Beng Bio Crowdfunding Campaign: Please help!



A message from my friend Felicia Lin, Su Beng's (史明) Biographer:

+++++++++++++++++

On October 26 I launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds to complete the biography of Su Beng which I began working on in 2004. As Su Beng turns 95 or 96 as it would be counted in Taiwan, I have felt an increasing urgency to complete his biography.

Su Beng's life is the story of the struggle of the people of Taiwan, and, now more than ever before, I believe that telling his story will bring greater international awareness to the situation in Taiwan.

Su Beng is a nonagenarian Taiwan independence activist, former undercover Chinese Communist agent, would be assassin of Chiang Kai-shek, historian and author of the book, Taiwan’s 400 Years of History. This encyclopedic, 2000 page plus book, which took about 18 years to write, is the one of the first most comprehensive books on this topic. It has and still continues to influence generations of Taiwanese activists.

To learn more about my project to document the life of Su Beng VISIT: www.aboutsubeng.com

Here's how you can help:

1) WATCH my crowdfunding video here: http://igg.me/at/makinghistory

2) SHARE and spread the word about this and CONNECT me with an organization/business/individual who will be able to contribute to my campaign

3) MAKE a personal contribution or in-kind donation

My goal is to raise $15,000 to cover the expenses for me to spend 3 months in Taipei 1) to do the additional research needed to complete the book and 2) to produce a short documentary about the life of Su Beng.

In-kind donations are welcome! I will need to cover the cost of a plane ticket to Taiwan, a place to stay during my 3 months in Taipei. The next major expense of the project is to digitize of the video footage of Su Beng that has been shot on mini-DVD tapes.

To make an in-kind donation contact me at: subeng.biographer [at] gmail.com

PLEASE NOTE: *Making History: The Story of Su Beng crowdfunding campaign ENDS December 25, 2013*

Important links/contact information
Indiegogo.com crowdfunding campaign: http://igg.me/at/makinghistory
Website about Su Beng: www.aboutsubeng.com
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/StoryOfSuBeng
To contact Felicia Lin directly, email her at subeng.biographer [at] gmail.com
Sincerely,
Felicia Lin
Su Beng's Biographer
_______________________
Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!

No comments: