- Drew's marvelous pics from this year.
- Oz's takedown of the ROC denial that Honduras is switching to the PRC.
- Taiwanese Identity on land takeovers for "development".
- Taiwan to start oil exploration in South China Sea. A move guaranteed to peeve the states in the area for no real gain for Taiwan. Phils vs Taiwan, this time. The Ma gov't policy of using the Senkakus to unsettle relations with Japan and the US and the South China Sea to unsettle relations with its southern neighbors continues unabated. The whole point of this policy is to isolate Taiwan from possible supporters, as stealthily as possible. Phils paper on the South China Sea oil mess.
- The Dignified Rant on Taiwan's strategy in the face of a Chinese invasion.
- Clouded Leopard infantry vehicle delayed another six years.
- 45 year old sport shirts from a tailor shop in Taipei.
- No really, there's a honey museum in Taiwan.
- Food security and Asia. Brrrrr.
- As I have noted extensively on this blog, innumerable documents produced by the PRC and ROC prior to 1971 stated that the Senkakus belonged to Japan. A 1950 official diplomatic document from Beijing also states this, according to the Japan Times.
- Chinese firms buy 30% stake in Kaohsiung harbor
- Growth over 3% for 2013? Hopefully.
- Tamsui gets down to 7.5C. That's why i don't live there.
- Taiwan upgrading its locally made IDF by the dozen.
- Weaker yen could pull jobs back to Japan from Taiwan.
- Taiwan's legislature totally embarrassed itself by asking about envoy to the US King Pu-tsun's sexual orientation. The KMT legislator's raising of the issue appeared to be a simpleminded trick to subvert the process and derail the discussion, which worked perfectly.
- Longtime independence stalwart Koo Kwang-ming criticizes DPP.
- China Airlines to form alliance with Chinese carriers.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.