What's shining on the blogs this week?
- Local, not foreign, cyclist dies of hypothermia in race. The second death this year. Race organizers, time to think seriously about how races here are organized and conducted.
- Mayor Hu's delusions of grandeur over Taichung's bike lanes.
- WantWant Chairman Tsai attends editorial staff meeting at Apple.
- Chrysanthemum show in Taipei from Craig F
- The Fire Lion and the Falun Gong
- Court cuts fine in Lafayette case.
- Taichung Bike Week 2012
- Media Self-censorship in Taiwan
- Tamsui pics from 1975.
- Little known Japanese-era airfield
- Seeking Alpha: Four Reasons not to invest in Taiwan
- Jiadong: Hakka heritage
- US-China Economic and Security Commission supports Taiwan's defense needs but won't comment on F-16s.
- Indonesia: Land of Opportunity for Taiwan
- DPP to invite Myanmar's Aung to visit
- Largest-ever US tourism delegation visiting Taiwan
- Taiwanese envoy to UK to explain Ma's policies to UK media. I don't envy him.
- Community opens school to teach... plowing
- Taiwan Railways projects undergo corruption review
BLAST FROM THE PAST: The Treaty Ports of China and Japan (1867) at Google books. With an extensive discussion on Formosa.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.