What's shining out there on the blogs this week?
SPECIAL: Expats, you will recognize your Taiwan experience.
- US raids on Formosa: WWII Battle of Takao Harbor
- Taipei Air Station with color photos of Taiwan in the 1950s.
- F-16s: Taiwan faces difficult budgetary choices.
- Fenyuan's Baozhang temple with some nice pics.
- Richard Saunders on the trails in NE Taiwan. Good pics.
- Lao Ren Cha updates her posts on Indian Food in Taipei
- More Hitler Ads
- Taiwan-NZ complete FTA feasibility study
- Taiwan: Orphan of Asia
- John Feffer on the Okinawa base ulcer in US-Japan relations. Okinawa will be important if China attacks Japan or Taiwan.
- The resolutely Establishment East Asia Forum has a couple of reads on Asia's security future in the midst of competing US-China hegemonies. Archarya on China's Rise and East Asian Security. Also piece on the Pacific Pivot (does that really exist? Concrete evidence, please).
- US says it will defend the Philippines from third country attack.
- Central Bank Governor protests "Taipei, China" name at ADB meet up.
- Tackling Linyuan's menacing air.
- Year's first dengue case reported
- Taiwan is not collapsing. Please stop with this silly genre.
- Coffee grounds are gold for Taiwanese firm.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.