- Frog in a well: Feb 23, 1938: The Day the Russians Bombed Taipei. The Danshui History blog has a detailed post on the event from two years ago. I always thought it was the Chinese, but in fact it was Russian pilots....
- Speaking of bombings, Taiwan Airpower blog has another great post on the Battle of Formosa.
- Pics from the Jhubei Mazu parade from Josh
- Ben on the Ministry of Education's Qing Dynasty definition of a good woman
- Global Voices on China's influence over Taiwan's media.
- Tea Masters, always a pleasure
- Video: Nike skateboarders in Taiwan
- EU may be selling dual-use tech to Beijing
- Sec of State Clinton's testimony on the UNCLOS, which the Administration, the Pentagon, and business all want the US to sign onto, but which the black helicopter loon brigade is blocking. This will help shore up the US legal and moral position in the South China Sea mess.
- Renewable energy can recharge Taiwan
- Taiwan deploys cruise missiles capable of hitting Chinese bases.
- WSJ on Su Tseng-chang becoming the new DPP Chairman. Su probably should be considered the default 2016 candidate for President for the DPP.
- The lovable Kuokuang Petrochemical project, slated for Malaysia, is being protested there.
- Long-term disabled in Taiwan to reach over a million by 2026. Who will care for these people?
- Taiwan's economy was pretty much stagnant in the first quarter of 2012.
- Taiwanese electronics makers to set up in Karnataka. Good!
- President Ma says he has not seen anyone opposed to nuclear power; flash mobs respond by showing up all over Taipei. Here's a video
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.