DON'T MISS: Project 2049's report Chinese Reactions to US Arms Sales to Taiwan. Discussions, history, references, chronologies. Very useful.
- ETRC group on DPP leadership changes
- Drew: Taiwan's bike commuters. Has someone finally noticed?
- Also from Drew: Taichung to Lugu: 140 kms of pure Taiwan awesomeness.
- Third B-29 strike on Formosa.
- Bala Daily with another great post on his military days
- OzSoapbox rips MoFA over Jacqueline Liu case
- MKL finds a great post on China and Taiwan: a British traveler's experiences
- Amateur hour in national security says Far Eastern Sweet Potato
- US, Philippines conduct naval exercises. In wake of standoff at Scarborough Shoal, Washington and Manila conduct naval exercises. Still no sign that US is worried Philippines might provoke China. I guess Manila would have to do something really reckless, like conduct a democratic referendum.
- Will US pivot strategy intensify South China Sea problem? No, because US is not the source of the problem, and because Obama, as always, thinks that nice words are enough.
- Really stupid: IPPs abused by Taipower, says DPP in a way that suggests corruption. Even dumber: not renewing the contracts and incentives for private power production
- There is no China property bubble, says this fellow at East Asia Forum
- China students in Taiwan only benefits China, complain local universities. You don't say?!
- Two Taiwan spies indicted for spying for China
- Few post-partum care centers meet standards. No, really?
- Philippines bans Taiwanese poultry thanks to bird flu
- The massive corruption in China's military
- Gavin Menzies of the awful 1421 rears his hopelessly confused head again as fake Ming dynasty map is in the KMT news. To understand why this is wrong and likely fraudulent, see this post from 2006.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.