Sunday, November 25, 2007

Underwear Day in Taichung

With all the negative publicity about our fair city from our high crime rates and the fact that we host the world's biggest polluting power plant, we get a break:

The Audrey Underwear company in Taizhong city named November 21 Camisole Day to celebrate record sales.

Much to the excitement of their male colleagues - all 500 women working in the firm's headquarters were encouraged to wear only camisoles and knickers.

"We have been waiting for this day all month. Today, we are super high, and don't know where to put our eyes," salesman Cai Mingda told Straits News.

More than 90 percent of female workers reportedly went along with the spirit of the day and worked in their underwear.

11 comments:

Jason said...

This being a green silicon island of democracy and human rights, I'm quite sure the women at the company encountered no pressure to comply. No siree.... no pressure at all.

Anonymous said...

So where are the pics Michael?

Mark said...

It should be criminal to write a blog post like this with no pictures.

StefanMuc said...

Does this company actually exist? I tried googling them, but all hits are lead to exactly the same article, reposted word for word everywhere.

Anonymous said...

"Outlaw beatlenut girls!" I say.

cfimages said...

We need pics.

About the high crime story in Taichung. I did a quick bit of googling for crime rates the other day, and found that Taichung's rate of 4000 crimes per 100 000 people is a lot lower than most cities in both Australia and the US. Never having been to the US, I don't know if the stories about high crime rates and no-go areas are true, but Aust is usually considered a fairly low crime country, so it's interesting that Taichung has a lower crime rate.

super dave said...

So is it ever on with the betel nut girl?

B.BarNavi said...

Are you sure this isn't from something like The Onion? Anyway, I can't vouch that ALL of the employees looked good in their undies.

Anonymous said...

Stefan: what search terms did you use? I found the company's website right away.

http://www.audrey.com.tw/

eighty said...

Oh my - This image makes me want to get my wife into the bedroom and go light firecrakers (Da Pao)!!!

Anonymous said...

/This being a green silicon island of democracy and human rights, I'm quite sure the women at the company encountered no pressure to comply./

/It should be criminal to write a blog post like this with no pictures./


Well it's a shame...and it's pretty wrong to "lust after the flesh", it's the same as "committing adultery"....

That's pretty immoral there.

Go ahead and jump down my throat if you want.

But I'm sure Michael understands where I'm coming from..