Saturday, September 02, 2006

Daily Links, Sept 2, 2006


Lots of stuff to burn today...
  • Battlepanda is invaded by the Taiwan press without so much as a howdy-do. There's a reason I keep a baseball bat handy...
  • Kerim muses on the relationship between party policy and economic evolution. Is the DPP so different from the KMT on economics? Doesn't seem to be a great difference between them...
  • As Scott Sommers notes, the Asian blog awards are up for Taiwan.
  • The Real Taiwan finds out that pearl milk tea is the favorite drink of foreigners.
  • 3 comments:

    Ryan said...

    Congratulations on the nomination, there.

    T. Destiny in Taiwan said...

    Pearl Milk Tea... definately my favorite drink. I had to go to China-town to find it after 8 months of painful seperation.

    The name of the shop? "The Peerless Pearl" I wonder if it's a tie-in to the Pirate movies? I'm thinking about buying the shop's pink golf hat just to prove that I love great-big gooey giant globules of tapioca in my milk tea.

    T. Destiny in Taiwan said...

    Pearl Milk Tea... definately my favorite drink. I had to go to China-town to find it after 8 months of painful seperation.

    The name of the shop? "The Peerless Pearl" I wonder if it's a tie-in to the Pirate movies? I'm thinking about buying the shop's pink golf hat just to prove that I love great-big gooey giant globules of tapioca in my milk tea.