I'm out biking this week, so enjoy a few links. I'll be back on Friday or Saturday....
- UPDATE: Latest TISR poll has Hung in low 20s, performs worse than Soong in 3-way match. Her overall score is actually declining as public becomes more aware of her extremism. Sure hope the KMT sticks with her.
- UPDATE: Miaoli county, KMT stronghold, is a financial ruin thanks to years of KMT mismanagement. The KMT news organ scribes on the gov't bailout for it. As bureaucrats and others dependent on the government's largesse feel the pinch, lots of voters may consider switching parties in that lovely but woefully run county.
- Alas, this abandoned development in Keelung no longer exists, but Taiwan is studded with similar places. Taichung is the realm of ruins, behind my house are a couple of developments like this one.
- FocusTaiwan article on Ma Administration propaganda about the 1992 Consensus. I suspect that our 'diplomatic allies' are being quietly told to switch sides when Tsai comes to power.
- Jerome Cohen thinks Ma Ying-jeou should get a Nobel for his East China Sea (Senkakus) Peace Initiative. Note that the implication is that China and Japan are going to war (no shit, sherlock). One hardly knows whether to laugh or cry when the news becomes a parody of itself like this. UPDATE: Apparently Cohen never said that Ma deserves a Nobel.
- Seed Museum called for by forestry expert
- A Commonwealth piece on a Taiwan expert with a deep love for Taiwan, someone I very much admire.
- On the roof of Taichung's first plaza
- Poll on presidential race: Tsai wins crushingly in 3-way race
- Hung vs. KMT: the KMT news organ with a UDN editorial
- A fifth death in the water park disaster, another 213 remain in critical condition. We will surely lose more. This Commonwealth piece discusses the stress on the health and health insurance system.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!