- Wushanding mud volcano
- WantWant: Taiwan considers making northernmost islands a national park. A subtle revelation of what everyone knows: the Senkakus aren't part of Taiwan. The northernmost islands of Taiwan have historically been these three.
- WantWant: Deer conservation, new thinking needed.
- Ko Wen-je's remarks on colonialism ripped in the... Times of Oman.
- Sister of corporal whose death sparked massive protests to run for seat in Taichung 3 with newly forming party (from the great Facebook group Taiwan News in English. Freddy Lim of the metal band Chthonic is also going to run for a legislative seat.
- China airlines to enter six months of negotiations
- Finally! Re-enactment of history in Taiwan
- Solidarity.tw notes two hot topics in DPP camp: (1) legislative approval of president's choice of premier and (2) lowering referendum threshold, fearing US would object
- Oxford Taiwan studies conference, Call for Papers
- WSJ: Mandatory liberal studies classes for Hong Kong make Beijing sweat.
- SOAS announces: Our colleague Bernhard Fuehrer（傅熊） and Yang Hsiu-fang（楊秀芳） 著 have released their long awaited Hokkien textbook set: Southern Hokkien: An Introduction
The latest publication in the Routledge Research on Taiwan is Language, Politics and Identity in Taiwan: Naming China by Chang Hui-ching and Richard Holt (Amazon link)
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!