Batten down the hatches -- a tropical storm is hitting us tomorrow and Sunday.
- Ben has good review of the local election in Taipei. Ko Wen-je lays out his tax and banking details in an attempt to derail an attack on him by the KMT as corrupt. The public ain't buying the KMT attacks.
- Ships of the Desert: mockups in no man's land, China. Here's the mock up of the Taichung airbase in Gansu.
- Premier promises to guard Taiwan's food safety image, although the KMT is committed to destroying that via its Free Economic Pilot Zones.
- Argh. One thousand brilliant writers in Taipei who know it inside and out, and Conde Nast goes with someone with superficial knowledge of Taipei to write an article about it as an Asian food hub.
- Yu-ying Shih, Tang prize laureate, praises Taiwan's democracy, supports Sunflowers, warns on China in speech.
- China wants to steal India's territory.
- America's secret weapon to secure Taiwan's Future: Trade
- The ractobeef issue was always really about pork. The US wants to gut Taiwan's ractopamine restrictions so it can flood Taiwan with cheap crap pork. We already have that here, thanks.
- The KMT response to calls that the ROC should drop its absurd claim to the South China Sea. You know the drill: (1) you don't understand and (2) it would be unconstitutional.
- Letters from Taiwan on the recent fish kill in the Hsindian River.
- FSC demands that top firms issue CSR reports. Could be important in getting companies to start thinking about corporate social responsibility.
- Pentagon details four ways China could take Taiwan
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!