With exquisite timing, President Xi of China once again proposed one country, two systems for Taiwan, even as Hong Kong students and their supporters are involved in mass protests over the failure of that program. It's fascinating to watch as the world media have their eyes on Hong Kong, while similar and much larger protests in Taiwan were largely ignored or covered pro forma. Enjoy some links as the protests in Hong Kong continue...
- Taiwan: Asia's Secret Air Power
- Taiwan Communique #147 is hot off the press!
- Taiwan previews major defense acquisition plan
- CPI: Anti-nuclear movement re-energized by Sunflowers.
- Revolutionary content in the Sunflower movement
- Tainan government moves against textbooks that contain erroneous information on the Cairo Declaration
- WSJ: Be Like Hong Kong? Taiwan says no thanks
- Organic produce not organic? It's a coming scandal...
- German press agency corrects Ma interview account
- Ma Ying-jeou interview on Al Jazeera
- U of Chicago shuts down its Confucius Institute, China's intelligence and propaganda organs in universities around the world.
- Thinking Taiwan starts its own weekly roundup of stories
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!