- Wild at Heart has the skinny on the anti-nuclear protests taking place across Taiwan on Saturday, March 9.
- The DPP is now mulling absentee voting on the referendum. The KMT is totally for it.
- Excellent letter on the Fourth Nuke Plant and how stupid it is.
- Foreigners seeking to preserve Taiwan's aboriginal languages.
- AsiaEye's Under the Radar News
- A Double Dose of Way Cool: Hear in Taiwan retraces pics from the Tom Jones collection I put up a while back to see what they look like today. And photos of old K-town from US sailors serving here prior to 1979 from Taiwan Airpower.
- Maobitou in Kenting
- J Michael with his series of Zombies in Taiwan.
- Global Voices on Frank Hsieh's aborted microblog on Weibo.
- Letters from Taiwan points out how absurd the claim that China owned the Senkakus in the 15th century is. One of the ways we treat China with an exotic double standard is that we take such nonsense claims seriously on their face.
- Jens reports government still sticking to planned free trade zones, repackaged 1960s policies.
- Perng reappointed central bank governor. By all accounts he's done a bang-up job.
- Taiwan's tedious nuclear saga
- Japan's Defense Minister says pre-emptive attacks legal under Constitution
- The troubled Twin Towers development on the rocks...
- Premier accepts referendum on Fourth Nuclear Plant
- Ang Lee wins Best Director at Oscars.
- Former Veep Siew says Taiwan can say no to Ractopork. What a coincidence it will be when ractopork derails the TIFA talks....
- Lien, China's Xi worship at One China altar. “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”
- President Chen's term extended.
- Expert: China, US have divergent interests in Taiwan.
- 2012 economic growth rate of 1.26%, a three year low.
- James Holmes: America's pivot and anti-access
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.