- From Hong Kong Econ Journal Editor: some signs of what may be in store for Taiwan some day. As I've noted before, surely the problem of suppressing Taiwan's democracy after it annexes the island must be a vexing issue for Beijing.
- Ben discovers a hilarious boardgame on Taiwan politics
- Is Agentina/Falklands a possible model for Beijing/Taiwan?
- Oz, that intrepid explorer of the dark side, goes after roadside betel nut
- Bombing Handan
- Drew on training to recover his former glory.
- President Ma presses on Free Economic Zones, Zombie policies out of the 1960s
- Ma also calls for referendum on Fourth Nuclear Plant
- Asahi Shimbun on the case of the Chinese gov't suppressing a news report on Taiwan's democracy.
- DPP says Taipower cooking the electricity figures. There's a shock.
- China to buy Russian weapons, subs
- Weird but wonderful: Adam C's piece on the fourth nuke mess in Counterpunch. Weird because left-oriented sites generally never mention Taiwan and wonderful because when they do, they are usually wrong, but this one is great.
- Taiwan aiming to attract more Muslim tourists
- Fabulous piece on China's generation gap
- Rainmaking systems activated in northern Taiwan. Man, sometimes it feels like they have those on all the time up there.
- Japan warms to Taiwan, isolates China in island dispute.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.