Busy day yesterday, didn't have a chance to post the monday links. Here they are!
- Jerome Keating on how Taiwan is the first Taiwanese democracy.
- PRC threatens to send spies to Taiwan and retaliate against protesting Taiwanese businessmen.
- The Foreigner on the Wolf, the Lamb, and China
- Ben with several new KMT election ads. Hilarious but scary.
- OzSoapBox attacks J Michael Cole for his commentary on expat humility.
- AsiaEye's Under the Radar News.
- Josh with B&W pics.
- The Confucius Peace Prize won by Lien Chan is now going to be cancelled. ROFLMAO.
- Chinese analyst calls for war in the South China Sea from J Michael
- The tea jar magic trick for tea drinkers.
- Exchange of letters over expat humility in interacting with Taiwanese. I agree with Cole 100%, which is why I haven't commented on this. But it is interesting to see the other opinions.
- BBC spotlight on Taiwan. Aside from the conventional and ignorant BBC hack on Chen Shui-bian, strong work, with more to come in the series.
- Jens argues that the weapons sales to Taiwan will only boost hardliners in Beijing.
- Jens also with an interesting article on ethylene and Taiwan
- HIV rising among Taiwan's young.
- Chinese tourism on Kinmen from Global Post.
- Ma asks again for F-16s. Right.
- Taiwan police bust 800 scammers across Asia, in cooperative move. Yay!
- Economist on Seediq Bale.
- AFP has a rare article on the dark side of KMT history, on the prison on Green Island. Except -- ha! -- it doesn't mention the political party that ran the prison. Thanks, AFP! It's crap like this that keeps us bloggers in business.
- WSJ on hardliner general criticizing CCP sell outs.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.