On to the links you've been missing! But first, give blood if you can, the banks here are critically short.
- J Michael on ECFA = Political -- beans are spilled!
- Also J Michael on Taiwan's defense, undermined by the KMT
- Barking Deer on Taroko's trails.
- Nathan Miller rides his favorite loop on the east coast.
- Hear in Taiwan on LGBT education in Taiwan
- Neal Wade with pics from Yehliu Park
- Cycling Satin Cesena on cheap bikes. You can neglect and mistreat them, but they keep on putting out for ya!
- Danshui history blog on the Yuanshan Zoo.
- Portnoy on MYJ's new FB page.
- Ben on the decision to call a momentary halt to the incredibly stupid Kuokuang project in central Taiwan. Portnoy notes that thanks to businessmen, the Dachen wetland isn't listed as a wetland.
- Stephane: storing oolong.
- Pat Cowsill: imagine Taiwan without the Philippines
- David has last week's links. Good man, David.
- Jerome on King Pu-tsung's resignation.
- ERTC says the CSECC could be the pattern for future political negotiations.
- Hilarious: CCTV uses footage from Top Gun in a news report.
- Northern Marianas passes shark fin ban, even as reports say Taiwan is number 4 catcher of sharks.
- India rejects stapled Chinese visas for Arunachal Pradesh.
- Obama Administration preparing arms sales to Taiwan.
- In China even the toll booths are fake.
- Free until 1/31 -- toxic mix of corrosive elements in China-US relations will lead to conflict if not addressed. D'oh.
- Ma to reshuffle cabinet again.
- US -China currency link driving up global commodity prices.
- Review of J-20 fighter development and issues.
- Richard Zalski's excellent commentary in the Taipei Times
- Mark O'Neill on a new book on China annexing Taiwan by force
- CSIS says the pace of CCP-KMT rapproachment has slowed.
- Industrial production growth to hit forty year high
- Head of Tatung questioned on embezzlement charge.
- Somali pirates release Taiwan fishing vessel
- Drew and Joyce Kerslake have translated the policies and instructions for shipping bikes on trains. Awesome. We all owe you guys a debt!
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.