Wednesday, July 20, 2005

From the letterfile: Please Hold My Hand

As always, my letter file is a font of brilliant letters full of torturously difficult problems Solomon himself couldn't solve. Like this one for example:
My name is ________. I am South African and would love to teach English in Taiwan next year. I am doing my teaching degree at this moment. Can you please send me some information.
That improperly punctuated last sentence suggests some deliciously nasty answers. Should I send her the Taiwan page from the CIA factbook? A link to Wikipedia? The first 500 digits of pi? The mind reels.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sometimes get emails asking for advice about coming to China - with no details of which part of that vast country they are thinking of...

Anonymous said...

One word: "Tealit"