- FP annexes Taiwan to China. *sigh*
- Chinese fossil fakery. Amazing.
- Sunflower Power stalls trade pact. It's nice to see the mention, but when you look at the bottom, you realize why it is largely pro-government propaganda platitudes: her trip was with MOFA. It was good of the paper to put a public notice of that. Note that the Ma government is conveniently blaming the Sunflowers. In reality, his party couldn't force its own people to vote for that failure of a treaty. The Sunflowers make convenient whipping boys, but they aren't the whole issue.
- China's hacker army assaults Taiwan
- Josh Ellis: Neidong Forest Park
- US Commission backs arms sales to Taiwan
- Did gangbangers beat up protesters?
- The invisible candidate in Taiwan's elections
- The Economist on the Nov 29 elections
- Ketalagan Media on Start Ups in Taiwan
- Lien Chan apologizes after ethnic chauvinist screed. O no, wait, not for that.
- KMT head of Taiwan Medical Association under fire after accusing Ko Wen-je of killing patients to harvest their organs. The accusation is absurd and the abuse deserved, but one thing the episode makes clear is how the KMT continues to keep a grip on society by installing its lackeys in key positions in social organizations like the Taiwan Medical Association. Cleaning Taiwan of this Leninist, authoritarian party will require more than just a change of parties, but a rooting out of this kind of influence at every level of society.
- Taiwan faces another periodic drought. These will only worsen over time.
What a wonderful day. So great to be on the bike in the mountains again.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!