Too tired to blog. Have some links. Sorry about the light blogging this week... just too damn busy.
- Counties promote Visit the Tropic of Cancer! Whatever for?
- Chen Shui-bian moved from prison in Taipei to prison hospital in Taichung
in the dead of night.
- Richard Bush on Ma's video conference at Stanford where he lays out Taiwan's foreign policy program. Ma said:
"The first part involves institutionalization of the rapprochement with mainland China so that neither side would ever contemplate resorting to non-peaceful means to settle their differences."Bush parses that as
The first of these is particularly interesting, because it expresses an essentially liberal, internationalist approach to ensuring peace and stability: that is, binding a potential adversary to a cooperative relationship so that the stakes of initiating conflict are just too high.C'mon. What Ma means is that Taiwan is to be so enmeshed in China that subsequent pro-Taiwan administrations can't extricate it. No amount of "institutionalizing" China's desire to annex Taiwan is going to cage said desire.
- ...which reminds me, the next round of dialogue between the KMT and CCP will discuss liaison offices.
- Butterfly watching from RTI
- Why Taiwan still matters in the OEM/Tech world
- Far Eastern Sweet Potato dreams of the day when Japan sells Taiwan sub tech.
- Taipei, Manila, ink pact with increased protections for local Pinoys.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!