BTW, this is my first blogpost from my eeePC with Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon. I put an SSD drive in it, hoping to see if it can work as a travel computer. Very excited about entering the world of Linux, and jazzed to be seeing a command line again, ever so much faster than a GUI.
In the meantime, slurp up some links:
- How China was "lost": a new look at an old issue
- Taro town in Taiwan
- Hegemonic Warfare Watch: War of Words escalates in East Asia
- Oz impassioned over man busted for selling dog meat and and keep 400 dog penises
- The Ma Administration continues its strategy of irritating relations with Japan and the US by "not backing down" on the Senkakus.
- Philippine think tank doing feasibility study for Manila on Philippines-Taiwan FTA. Anyone remember when ECFA was going to bring us an avalanche of FTAs?
- Mormons lower age for female missionaries from 21 to 19, more missionaries forecast for The Beautiful Island.
- Taiwan's Securities Laws and Reg translations updated.
- Ma running for KMT chairman again. KMT denies it will change the rules for him. Search your memories. Remember what happened the last time the KMT had an internal rule that prevented Ma from doing what he wanted to do? Hahahahaha.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.