The week yields....
- Taiwan's booze hounds embrace the e-bike.
- Another outstanding pic from Craig F, who has been an inspiration to me in many ways.
- Famous for being famous. Kim Kardashian, eat your heart out.
- Police called after Taiwanese husband refuses sex. Love the headline, it implies the police were called to provide the sex that the husband wouldn't.
- Half of all Taiwanese share just ten surnames.
- Far Eastern Sweet Potato: Taiwan's China spy problem
- Climbing Wuling on folding bikes. Ouch.
- Tsai asks supporters to give more space to Taiwan = ROC, ROC = Taiwan formula of the DPP. In my view, the DPP has little choice but to embrace a formula like this, hollowing out the ROC from within because (1) they don't have much room for anything else and (2) the public is already going down this road with their reworking of KMT symbols and slogans, like the ROC flag, and the way the use of da4 lu4 which was intended to create links between Taiwan and China but now signifies a place full of weirdos not at all like Taiwanese.
- China Times: US wealth gap is a warning for the ROC.
- How can Beijing cozy up to India while claiming its territory? An interesting tactical problem.
- China's illicit money is a river to the world, worth 10% of GDP.
- PRC official travels all over Taiwan, playing game of being local, effectively.
- Another excellent Commonwealth piece on how the Chinese tourist money -- surprise, surprise -- is only benefitting a few.
- China Times: Join forces with China on the Senkakus
- AirAsia to launch new Taiwan-Philippines route.
- Taiwan to purchase two Perry-class frigates from US
- US, Japan begin new war games. China whines, yowls. An Indian review of the situation
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.