Lots of stuff happening while I was out riding this weekend.....
- Chiayi snakehead sets record. No, not a gangster, a fish.
- Fagan does another reservoir, in Miaoli. Here also is his notes on lovely Mingde Reservoir.
- Two days on Green Island with bikes
- Taiwan's South China Sea plan
- Gypsy Rose Lee visits naval hospital in Taiwan, 1969
- You'll gain weight just looking at these pics of Black as Chocolate.
The Rift Valley is endlessly beautiful. Spend some time there this summer.
- Economic growth forecasts downgraded, July August output may fall.
- The Peaceful Riser to garrison the South China Sea. Lucky that war is not inevitable.
- Ben Goren's letter on corruption in Taiwan
- Taiwan to buy used tanks from US?
- Taipei Times publishes poll from pro-Green Taiwan Thinktank on front page. Yes, the Lin scandal has hurt Ma. yet it would be more credible if the poll were not so obviously rigged -- asking people to compare Next Media's anti-corruption work with the judiciary is begging for the answer they actually received. Wouldn't it be great if the effort that went into this poll had actually produced something worthwhile?
- An open letter to Ma on Chen Shui-bian's health
- Agency Against Corruption, which Ma founded when the previous investigatory apparatus had apparently become blunted by ill-use, busted for a clear conflict of interest.
- LY to vote on capital gains tax AND beef tomorrow. Gov't says either legislature or executive order will force lifting of ban on ractobeef from US.
- How the Senkaku confrontation violated ROC law.
- How grounded PRC frigate reveals things about the Chinese navy
- America's catastrophically stupid Iran policies also screwing up its relations with Korea and Japan
- SPECIAL: My adventures in Wanhua, on FTV with Michella.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.