- Frozen Garlic with fact filled post on Taichung legislative politics
- A-gu on Tsai's toughness. Imagine what would happen if the President of a major western nation admitted meeting with an alleged major gangster and international gambling operator.
- Global Voices picks up Chinese nationalist responses to America's announcement of refurbished hegemony in Asia.
- Ai Weiwei on Taiwan's absence from world politics
- Taiwan Airpower locates the Takao POW camp
- Letters from Taiwan lists all the scandals and stupidity that have plagued both campaigns. Only 1 for the DPP, a myriad for the KMT.
- Far Eastern Sweet Potato looks at the MOFA claim that funding problems are preventing the government from flying observers to Taiwan for the election.
- Taroko Race this weekend
- LaoRenCha with great pics of a temple procession and celebration.
- Donggang Fish Market by Todd. An awesome place.
- A Taiwan Hot Springs guide.
- Taiwan gets an almost perfect history museum
- A-gu discusses China's view on the 1992 Consensus. It seems China is staking out a position in case Tsai beats Ma.
- James Holmes on the possibility of a global navy for China in The Diplomat, which also hosts Ensuring China's Peaceful Rise (through alliance bolstering) and Harriers for Taiwan?
- Josh Rogin at FP on Sen Coryn's latest hold up of an Obama Admin official over the F-16 sales. Rogin doesn't mention that the aircraft will be made in his district and Lockheed is a major donor. Also Steven Walt explains America's Asian policy.
- CSIS 2012 piece extolling ECFA and saying what policy should be.
- Economist on presidential election.
- Taipei Times: DPP focusing on central Taiwan. It's amazing how far the KMT has fallen here.
- Dean Cheng at Heritage shows once again what a bad idea F-16 upgrades are.
- Japan to station troops on Yonaguni Island
- Carnegie Endowment piece argues that there is no need to panic yet over China's economy.
- A good piece from Counterpunch on how the economic crisis in Spain, Italy and elsewhere in the Eurozone is a legacy of those nations' right-wing authoritarianism. One wonders about Taiwan, in that light....
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.