Sorry I couldn't get to the Daily Links last week. This week there's lots of good things to read.
- Eyedoc compares Japanese policy in Taiwan and Japanese policy toward the Ainu on Hokkaido.
- Drew's report on our ride on Sunday through Changhua and Nantou.
- DPP position on romanization
- The slowing of China tourism may have repercussions for the election
- Fili tours Taiwan factory in China
- Old US army newsreel: the army in Taiwan
- Taiwanese-Americans increase
- New Taipei City takes Big Brother to a whole new level.
Many of the old houses along 137 feature interesting tile work above the doors.
- MOFA continues to insist that Taiwan and the Penghu belong to the ROC. The DPP needs to go on the attack here.
- Seediq Bale is rocking the box office.
- WantChinaTimes says more Chinese scholars visiting Taiwan to observe the elections.
- Fearing loss of competitive edge, Taiwan hunts for talent.
- Ma slightly ahead of Tsai in recent poll.
- Taiwan economy may take hit from slowing global economy
- Banyan: the perilous politics of arming Taiwan
- Hiking in Taroko from Vancouver paper
- MND sends "clarifying statement" to WSJ about spy allegations.
- Recycling old headlines: Gov't to crack down on vote buying ahead of election
- Econ statistics don't tell the whole story.
- Taiwan navy to re-invent itself as a sea denial force
A Christian mausoleum? Christians converting an old Earth God shrine? Or what?
- Taiwan Photo Challenge: this week's theme is music.
- Daniel Pearl Day of Music and other events see left sidebar!
Country road, take me to the historical homes.....
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.