Some links for your pleasure....
- ETRC on branding in Taiwan as an economic development strategy.
- Fili goes to the Zhi Nan Temple in Taipei.
- R&R in Taipei in the 1960s.
- Lee of Singapore: Taiwan independent since 1989
- Man hijacks ambulance, kills neighbor who really needs it. Naturally the government is being sued.
- Sponge Bear on the trail in Wufeng.
- josh shoots street food.
- President Ma takes pictures with Patrick's daughter.
- Drew's detailed account of the Changhua 100 race.
- Shiro Armstrong at the neoliberal East Asia Forum explains why China's rare earths policy has backfired.
- Gordon Chang's excellent piece Ma + Obama = Drama
- Hahaha. Taiwan's Next Media Animators rightfully abuse Facebook's new changes, which suck.
- China's dam-building frenzy is global and extremely destructive.
- Arms package doesn't affect cross strait relations, says Ma.
- Time to decommission Taiwan's decrepit old subs.
- NYTimes hosts debate on whether we should sell arms to Taiwan. You'll know the names and lines/lies if you've been following things.
- US wavering on Taiwan: Economist
- Little fallout seen from US sale
- Japanese passenger stuck at Taoyuan Airport for 19 days.
- Taiwan business indicators all to be downgraded as global economic outlook stinks.
- Chennai Center for China Studies on the F-16 mess.
- NCKU to develop offshore wind farm
- Tsai Ing-wen releases.... her own fragrance. Sheesh.
- The Lowy blog notes as many of have that the reaction to the F-16 sale was coordinated in the three capitals. Taipei even formally thanked the US.
- First Taiwan-China undersea cable approved.
- Radioactive rice from Fukushima far exceeds safe levels. You know Chinese firms will buy that stuff up. And next year we'll be finding it in all sorts of export products.
- Hahahahahahahahahaha. Check out this poster of James Soong.
- Even the government's own polls don't find majority support for the fictional 1992 consensus.
- Grouper exports from Taiwan to China are so lucrative that the government has built a dedicated live fish carrier to ship them out.
- Taiwanese activists ought to think about how to use the petition function at WhiteHouse.gov.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.