- Drew chronicles our leisure ride to the port, Gaomei, and the rice fields along the Dajia River.
- A South Taiwan getaway from Michael C.
- Laorencha, Jerome K, and Letters from Taiwan on the recent outbreaks of KMT racialist constructions of Taiwan and its people.
- Part IV of Kevin's musings on Taiwanese females, cross-posted at LoveLoveChina.
- Danshui expands, history recedes....
- A-gu points out China's threat should the DPP win the Presidency or the Legislature.
- David reviews the 2-28 museums in Taipei.
- The gov't needs policy to support MRT profitability.
- I just discovered the solution to the fertility issue: Make every year a dragon year!
- Abortion skewing gender here, as I've discussed in the past. Juxtapose this headline with the one above, and we can look forward to a bumper crop of boys next year. What could their parents have been thinking? The ratio is so skewed that the Health Ministry is going to look at certain areas of Taiwan on suspicion of sex selection abortions....
- Is Taiwan delaying payments on US-acquired weapons. Everyone denies it.
- Ma goes after youth vote....on a bike.
- Yet another fire at a Naptha cracker in Taiwan
- Ma vows to make East Coast catch up with the rest. Wait a second....hasn't the KMT run the east coast like, since, forever?
- Taiwan gov't slaps back at Amnesty International for complaining about the treatment of foreign laborers here. Amnesty's Taiwan page.
- The world is flooded with Euros and Dollars and Taiwan's NT is appreciating to a 13 year high. What should the central bank do?
- WantChinaTimes, the pro-China propaganda rag, points out that water prices are absurdly low.
- Public and private agencies don't bother to hire competent English editors; everyone knows that. The result is again, this.
- Former Dutch ambassador building online database of Dutch period. Great!
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.