- Hall has a list of upcoming ESL conferences in Taiwan
- Drew logs 191 lovely kms around Mingde Reservoir. Don't miss his post on Lukang either.
- Primitive Culture: great pics of Taiwan
- Fili on Taiwan's Condom World.
- Ben takes a close look at Taipei City 2
- Sinocentric on the Senkakus
- Michael Cannon, biking in India: potholes, camels.... you are sorely missed, man.
- Everyone raves about the Swedish meatballs at the Ikea cafeteria.
- The Foreigner long post, links about the Senkakus.
- Wandering Taiwan has another excellent post, about the Harvest Festival in Fengbin. I have to get back to the coast on a bike....
- Sabina on designing bicycles...
- Who said China must be rational?
- Senkakus: Dead panda not helping Japan with China. Global Post on the Senkakus. East Asia Forum: China driving Japan into US arms and Japan's Quiet Power. Heritage notes, as many observers have, the use of fishing boats as stalking horses for China. Japan wants compensation for damage. Paul Lin in Taipei Times says Senkakus are a litmus test. Foreign Policy with some lovely pictures in a slideshow on the issue. Humor: for a comically slanted left-wing Japanese view that blames the US and Japan, see this JapanFocus piece.
- Robert Kaplan in WaPo comments on the importance of Taiwan slowly being drawn into China's orbit.
- Tech-savvy Taiwanese and the woes they cause.
- Lost in the China shuffle: Vietnam permits two Taiwan banks to open there.
- Tsai Ing-wen says DPP will restore pride and happiness to Taiwan.
- Taiwanese woman plans to hug 10,000 strangers for free.
- Industrial Development Bureau nixes public debate on Kuokuang Petrochemical.
- As always, the rest of Taiwan must subsidize Taipei. In this case, by sending warm bodies to the floral expo, says DPP city councilor. Ma Ying-jeou really handed his successor Mayor Hau a stinkbomb when he scheduled the Expo near an election.
- Google warns on more email hacking from China.
- India mulling ASEAN FTA to counter China.
GAMES: Two games made computer gaming in the days of its callow youth, Master of Orion and Civilization. Civ 5 is now out. 19 years have gone by since I first fired up MS-DOS to play Civ. Damn I'm old.....
ADDED: Ice Lollipop (popsicle) Eating Competition in K-town this Thursday:
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!