Anyway, what's on the blogs?
- Drew rips Giant's new marketing to women concept as sexist and essentializing. Not to mention stoopid. Just consider Fixed Gear Girl Taiwan: hot chicks on hot bikes. Giant, you suck! Drew also has an awesome one on biking and the future.
- J Michael on the re-opening of the question of subs for Taiwan
- Is there a middle ground between annexation and independence? Stephen Nelson thinks not.
- More land purchases to save the Changhua wetlands.
- Dixteel says DPP needs more military experts.
- Cremation site for 1895 battle dead in Keelung
- Taichung area MAAG from the 1960s and 70s.
- Time to address driving standards
- China and US debt at the Peking Duck
- Taiwan Link on Obama denying me my F-16s! We're never going to get them, and I doubt that the Ma Administration even wants them. It's all just a minuet....
- Taoyuan Airport to institute food review. Finally.
- Mutant Frog on George Psalmanzar, the fraud of formosa
- China's dam diplomacy: "At the turn of the 21st century, 22,000 of the world’s 45,000 large dams spanned Chinese rivers. Between 1949 and 2000 in China, construction of large dams proceeded at a rate of more than one per day."
- AU Optronics CEO cannot leave the US due to price-fixing investigation.
- Taiwan News on the new Sun Yat Sen film and democracy
- New national health insurance system to get vote in Dec
- In 2010, foreign laborers run away at a rate of 1,000 per month.
- China and the Commons
- Time to end US ambiguity on whether it will defend Taiwan?
- China: Playing our game.
- Fourth nuke plan draws fine.
- Japanese ammo dumps in Penghu to be named historic sites.
- The ROC government makes another stupid claim to the Senkakus.
- The NCCU prediction markets on the municipal elections: Taipei：http://xfuture.org/cda_
trade_chart/multiline_chart_Xinbei: http://xfuture.org/cda_ data/1807, trade_chart/multiline_chart_, The Chung: http://xfuture.org/cda_ data/1808 trade_chart/multiline_chart_Tainan: http://xfuture.org/cda_ data/1809 trade_chart/multiline_chart_Kaohsiung: http://xfuture.org/cda_ data/1810 trade_chart/multiline_chart_ data/1811
- 2010 DOD report on China
- Some light reading of papers on cross-strait relations at the EU-China and the Taiwan question conference.
- Jamestown Brief has more light reading on PLA hawks vs doves, and on China-Syria-US.
- Taiwan News rips Cross-Strait Economic and Cultural Forum
- China now buying Asian debt
- A Golden Period ahead for Taiwan, says Robert Cutler in Asia Times.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!