Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Certain Island in Keelung Harbor


Here is an inset of a map of Keelung Harbor and its environs prepared by the French during the invasion of 1884-5. The original is online in its entirety here. Note name of island there just above the center. Yes, it was fate that I came here. Many thanks to Jerome Keating for finding this for me.
_______________________
Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!

5 comments:

Tim Maddog said...

You traveled backwards in time just to get an island in Keelung Harbor named after you? Way cool!

Tim Maddog

Robert Scott Kelly said...

Honestly, I would have chosen somewhere on Penghu.

Anonymous said...

Hey Turdaton,

Your daily commentary is straddling left hand side of site (and it's narrower than years past) where it starts underneath the green links half way down web page. I first noticed this anomally a couple months ago and it has not changed. Please fix because it's annoying!

JEFF

Michael Turton said...

Jeff, are you using IE? It doesn't line up properly in some versions of IE.

Michael Turton said...

Honestly, I would have chosen somewhere on Penghu.

Luckily it wasn't in Taipei. I would have had to disown it as a typo.