Lotsa news this week....
- Red A discovers why Chinese and Taiwanese students are so great.
- Barking Deer on the Vertigo Trail
- Trips to rural townships (with pics)
- David goes photowalking in Taichung
- Jerome muses on Taiwan's hybrid nature
- Danshui history blog on Beriberi
- AsiaEye with underreported news.
- Important new PRC media rules limit what reporters can say about Taiwan
- Still massive silt and driftwood after Morakot at the Tsengwen reservoir.
- Huashan Dam slated for completion in 2014. Water going to...carbon polluting industries.
- Taiwan is something like third in wind resources. Or something.
- Can Taiwan make a $35 tablet PC for India?
- Gov't to allow military, parties, and agencies to invest in the media.
- Formosa Plastics naptha cracker hit by second fire in a month.
- Taiwan News looks at the KMT in Miaoli. Hilariously, two local universities there employed a convicted briber to teach law.
- How builders rip off buyers
- Taipei Times discusses the (lack of) negotiating skills of Taiwan's negotiators
- Commonwealth with another great piece on higher ed in Taiwan.
- Taiwan's cable TV market is shaken up.
JUST FOR KICKS: New species discovered all the time. And this photo heavy post at DKOS of strange earth phenomena.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!