- Craig on licensing your photos
- Steven Crook links to a great piece from Taiwan Today on Taiwan's unfair naturalization laws.
- USTDC with an article from the 1960s on US-Taiwan defense planning
- Laowiseass interviewed by Pakistan newspaper
- Fili's second in his series on cross-cultural relationships
- Jenna rips on a China-India comparison
- A Hungry Girl visits Hook.
- J Michael observes how Beijing sees culture as a weapon.
- Wild at Heart says road expansion in Kenting is destroying it.
- Ben writes on how FarEastOne attempted to circumvent the laws preventing Chinese investment in critical tech sectors, and calls for a boycott.
- Biking in Taiwan on six day ride in southern Taiwan. Awesome.
- The China Beat with excellent piece on ChinaPol, the discussion forum. Note Baum's reference to academics, who are upbeat about China's rise, and journalists, who are more skeptical.
- Drew on biking the Central Cross.
- Blue Polls: UDN poll has Hau up by 9 over Su for the year-end election in Taipei. TVBS poll has Su up by 2, with large advantage over Hau in item on who would make a better mayor. Obviously pro-Blue Taipei recognizes who is the most competent, but refuses to vote for him regardless. Fascinating display of identity politics over rationality.
- Are there really 500,000 Falun Gong believers in Taiwan? I would have thought it an exaggeration to say "500".
- The government has killed China Mobile's investment in FarEastOne. Thankfully. But can you imagine the whining that would go on about how Chen's "anti-China" policy is hurting the economy, if this had happened under the previous Administration?
- Ban Ki-moon is still a China suck-up
- China hands out junkets to US Congressmen.
- Annette Lu finds out what many of us have been saying
- Health insurance premiums could rise as early as April. Good.
- The Premier unveils plan for 36 infrastructure projects in Kaohsiung.
- This China Times editorial on why the KMT keeps losing is a classic of bad thinking, outmoded Confucianist crap, and inability to face reality. Speaking of losers, President Ma says he will continue to reform the KMT, while the rest of us are still waiting for him to start.
- China reaches the tipping point in its demographic crisis.
- China warns again on Hong Kong democracy. And how do you think they will treat Taiwan?
- Poor victimized China says poor US-China relations are all Washington's fault. If Washington would only kow-tow, things would be ok.
- How is Ma going to get elected in 2012? Absentee voting is in the cards...
- Formosa Landlocked Salmon successfully spawned in the wild!
- President calls for more cross-strait religious exchanges. Religion is an important link in the emerging cross-strait political nexus.
A gorge in central Taiwan.
- Project 2049 on Taiwan's military command and communications technology
- Kurt Campbell's review at State of US East Asian policy.
Robert Kelly's superb article on Yushan in the WSJ.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!