- Paul Katz with an excellent account of the typhoon, including many links to donation recipients.
- Michael C with an account of our riding in Miaoli, Jhuolan, and Dongshih. Michael also invites you to bike the Northern Cross with he and I this weekend, the 22nd-23rd.
- Letters from Taiwan blogs on CNN's Should Ma Step Down poll -- and ESWN responds to CNN with a classic ESWN ploy: putting up a poll from a Chinese-owned pro-KMT TV station in Taiwan without mentioning that the pollster is pro-KMT, apparently pretending that it is an actual unbiased poll. ESWN: always a good place to see half-dressed Chinese chicks.
- Patrick visits Huwei Fort in Danshui.
- Did politics undermine the rescue efforts in Taiwan? asks J Michael
- Maddog with an excellent Morakot round up. Simply wonderful.
- Steve on Changhua's stately Confucius Temple.
- Far Eastern Sweet Potato notes that China has pledged about 35 missiles to help Taiwan.
UPDATE: A friend has identified the bird as a Tiger Bittern, a relative newcomer to Taiwan.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!