Monday, June 19, 2006

Taiwan Blog Feed Up!

I used to do a Taiwan blog round up every week, but this semester just got too crazy for me -- too many blogs, too much time on the net. Bad. Meanwhile Mark Wilbur has stepped in to fill the gap with a Taiwan Blog Feed.


Since the discontinuation of the Taiwan Blog Round-up, I've been thinking of possible solutions. For a while, I entertained the idea of trying to get some friends together to do a "roving round-up", in which we could take turns reading and blogging about the highlights of the local blogosphere each week. In the end, though, it was just too daunting. Instead, I've made a set up a news aggregator, which parses in each blog's RSS (and to a less perfect degree, atom) feeds and publishes excerpts and links in the style of Google News. I'm still in the process of adding blogs to the Taiwan Blog Feed, and categorizing them. Once it's completely up and running, this should help readers keep up with what's going on in the English-speaking blogging community and hopefully drive a bit more traffic to some of the less well-known blogs, too.

If you want to see a blog added, send me your RSS link. Please restrict submissions to blogs primarily about Taiwan. If you publish RSS feeds for your blog but prefer not to have them parsed by this news aggregator, then email me and Ill remove your blog.

This is a really great idea, and I'm really glad to see that one of its avowed purposes is to drive more traffic to the lesser known blogs, for that was also a goal of mine. Great work, Mark!

No comments: